Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bocovoad/bocovoad.org/wp-content/themes/PointFinder_Full_Package/pointfinder/admin/estatemanagement/includes/functions/common-functions.php on line 540
The Emergency Preparedness Action Committee’s mission is to promote the well-being of the Nederland-area community, its residents, property and natural resources, identifying natural and human-generated threats to its and safety and integrity and instituting and coordinating community efforts to prepare for, respond to, mitigate and recover from such disasters.
EPAC advises the Mayor, Town Board and Staff on matters relating to emergency preparedness. It provides a forum for citizen comment regarding emergency preparedness, and serves as a review board for emergency preparedness plans, such as may be prepared by Town staff. The Emergency Preparedness Action Committee reports on its activities to the Mayor and Board no less than quarterly.
EPAC specifically does the following work:
Prevention and Mitigation.
• Identify potential threats to the normal operations of the Town and the health and welfare of its residents.
• Support community efforts to mitigate identified hazardous conditions and practices.
• Devise and implement community strategies to prepare for emergencies and disasters.
• Educate the community about emergency preparedness needs.
• Assist Town staff in preparing community response plans for potential emergencies.
• Outline recovery strategies for the various identified potential community disasters, and compile resource lists to aid in implementing these strategies.
Networking and linkages.
• Engage with appropriate non-profit organizations and governmental agencies to leverage the resources and capabilities of these organizations in helping the community prepare for and recover from disasters.
• Establish communication networks and coordinate efforts with other municipalities and neighborhoods in the Peak to Peak area.